Want to get away from reality for a while? The Library can help you break free! Our Adult Summer Reading Program Escape the Ordinary offers the perfect opportunity to steal away. Enter another world through books and movies featuring time travel, fantasy, science fiction, fairy tales, and other alternate realities.
Beginning Monday, June 4, check out 6 books, eBooks, audio books, music CDs or movies and record them here to receive drawing tickets for some great prizes! You can read whatever you like, and if you choose at least one theme-related item you will receive a bonus drawing ticket! Here’s how to earn tickets:
- Log each book you read on this website, and you will receive 1 raffle entry for each item. Films and music count too!
- When you log your book, write a short review for Western Springs Reads, our forum for readers’ comments on books, and receive a bonus raffle ticket!
- If you are logging your books online, you do not need to pick up a paper book log or visit us in-person for raffle tickets.
- Hit the 6-item goal to receive a bonus ticket and become eligible for a completion prize. The first 75 members who reach this goal will receive a Thomas Ford Library power bank, to help keep your devices charged while you’re making your big escape! Alternative completion prizes will also be available.
- Attend the Library’s July 9 program on Isaac Asimov and receive a ticket there.
Drawings will be on June 25 and July 23. All tickets submitted by Sunday, August 19 will be entered in the final drawing. Prizes include gift certificates from Vie, Clever Girl, Yoga by Degrees, the Adler Planetarium, Medieval Times, and more!